SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Battery Test Engineer, you will support customers, labs, and sales team with expertise in ANSI C18 Series, IEC 62133, IEC 69160, IEC 60086-X, UL 2054, UL 1642, CTIA Battery, UN 38.3 standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop compliance protocols and test plans for clients based on product specifications and technology
- Collect and evaluate test data in accordance with established processes and requirements
- Review the design of batteries of various chemistries against worldwide safety and performance standards.
- Familiar with operation of lab equipment including power supplies, electronic loads, oscilloscopes, etc.….
- At all times, maintain a high level of safe work practices to ensure the safety of yourself, SGS employees, and clients.
- Create quality procedures and work instructions.
- Support customers with protocol development and test plan and ensure proper implementation at the lab level.
- Meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to achieve consistent turnaround time and minimal errors
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BSEE or equivalent degree.
- Preferred 1-3 years of related safety experience in battery products testing and/or certification.
- Knowledge of ANSI C18 Series, IEC 62133, IEC 69160, IEC 60086-X, UL 2054, UL 1642, CTIA Battery, UN 38.3 and other related safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit and adaptability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with SGS personnel and clients outside the US
- High level of accuracy and good presentation skills.
- Able to work effectively as a team leader.
- Ability to supervise/mentor staff.
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment, able to deal with ambiguity.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks at the same time and prioritize them accordingly.
- Ability to interpret specifications to satisfy customer requirements.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.