Hands-on, experienced Staff Accountant needed for a world class superyacht marinas and repair facilities. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities. Willingness to learn and grow into additional responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist Senior Staff Accountant with month-end financial closing for main entity. Journal entries, variance analysis and preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist with account and variance analysis, monthly
- Manage company fixed assets reconciliation and construction in progress accounts
- Assist with yearly capital expenditure budgeting process
- Monthly Financial Statement preparation, which includes, journal entries, accruals, intercompany reconciliations, and balance sheet reconciliations for on-site restaurant
- Prepare and transmit Sales Tax returns for all entities
- Monthly Financial Statement preparation, which includes, journal entries, accruals, intercompany reconciliations, and balance sheet reconciliations for off-site marina and service boat yard.
- Accounting for residential rental property portfolio
- Assist with year-end audit as needed
- Strong and effective communication skills
- Working knowledge of Great Plains and Quickbooks a plus
- Fixed Asset experience and FAS a plus
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Excel essential
- Ability to Multi-task
- Positive attitude with excellent customer service skills.
- Integrity - practice honesty, fairness, and Sincerity - do the right thing when no one is watching.
- Accountability - make solutions not excuses - accept responsibility for your actions and engage in productive problem solving.
- Respect - Treat others how you want to be treated - with Dignity & Respect.
- Quality - Embody safety & quality - excellence is OUR standard
- Commitment - Focus on Team Results - support collective decision making; execute the action plan
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- Ability to be in a sitting position for several hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.