SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Key Account Specialist, you will perform a variety of account management activities that will ensure all customer contracts are completed to meet the customer's needs and expectations. You will be expected to deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction to maintain and grow our current accounts.
- Be the primary point of contact and become the strategic clients’ focal point for SGS certification services post contract award and work to the agreed client plan.
- Develop and deploy regional co-operative agreements within the SGS network.
- Monitor the performance of SGS regarding client specific KPI’s
- Manage commercial aspects of the contract, including profit maintenance and business development opportunities.
- Provide liaison between SGS personnel involved in the performance of the contract and manage contract communication.
- Undertake contract specific activities, including design and development of contract documentation, organization of required training, project reviews and reporting.
- Communicate with auditors regarding program announcements, procedures, etc. and coordinate any auditor trainings as agreed upon between SGS and client.
- Report to the clients Senior Management at set intervals on the performance and results of the project activities.
- Achieve client retention targets and receive high customer satisfaction survey results by providing excellent customer service.
- Manage risk with respect to poor performance and client expectations. Report to management on a recurring basis on the results and corrective action being taken.
- Identify and drive business development opportunities for existing strategic client accounts in the United States and Canada selected by management. Define a detailed strategic growth plan for how new revenue opportunities will be developed for each client and align with internal stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the sales team responsible for converting the new business development opportunities into a sales win. Work with the sales team during pre/contract sales negotiations and presentations.
- Achieve annual new business development targets that are converted into realized sales for the business. Your business development pipeline will be evaluated quarterly to ensure that you are trending toward achieving the annual target.
- Coordinate with the business sector and marketing managers to strategize and deliver successful marketing and communication initiatives with the goal of generating new business.
- Implement process improvements to ensure we continuously improve on our service delivery metrics specifically the timely issuance of certifications to achieve expectations
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in science, finance, business or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in Administration and Customer Account Management.
- Must be detail oriented, organized and motivated.
- To be successful, you will need to be detail-oriented, organized, motivated and be able to learn/act quickly.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.