Look for more than answers.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast-moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
As an LC-MS/MS Scientist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge.
This professional will work on-site at the Quest Diagnostics Nichols Institute of Valencia, CA.
LC-MS/MS Scientist, the role:
The LC-MS/MS Scientist plans, prepares, conducts and records complex bench level chemical/biochemical experiments. This professional prepares reports and analysis of results as related to product/process development improvement. Activities may be focused individual projects or assignments as a member of a project team which may include project leadership duties.
- Develops, plans, conducts and records results from complex high-throughput experiments using automated liquid-handling and LC-MS/MS platforms.
- Performs laboratory experiments following defined protocols and company procedures. Reports status of assigned projects through the preparation of detailed reports and documentation that summarize experiment results.
- Works within established parameters on individual assignments, on project teams for longer-term projects and as a technical leader to Assistant Scientists or Associate Scientists.
- Identifies problems, investigates alternatives and recommends possible courses of action.
- Maintains knowledge of technological developments that may assist in the completion of an assignment or lead to new products, processes or procedures by reading current literature.
- Effectively utilizes and applies advanced methods or technologies.
- Contributes ideas for new product development typically within existing markets.
- Responsibilities include working with infectious materials, supporting and complying with the company hazard waste handling practices.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- 6+ years of extensive industrial experience and significant demonstration of capabilities for a candidate with a Bachelor's degree, at least 4 years of relevant industrial experience with a Master's degree, or a Ph.D. .
- Experience in developing products under design control or cGMP/QSR is a plus.
- Experience conducting high-throughput experiments using automated liquid-handling and LC-MS/MS platforms.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as professional journals, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write complete reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical concepts to problem-solving situations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance and correlation techniques.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.