Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: 12.10
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Provides inmates and detainees with the tools and knowledge to prepare for reentry into the community. Provides individual and group counseling in self-esteem, problem solving, relationships, and other related issues. Assists the inmate and detainee to secure direct communication with substance abuse, educational, employment and/or other free world community social resources that can assist in successful reintegration into society.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides general classroom guidance in the areas of career planning, social adjustment, personal management, and general life/skills knowledge.
- Communicates with inmates and detainees regarding the reality of their pre-release activities and plans, defining terminology and identifying community resources.
- Conducts a periodic review of curriculum and resources available to enhance inmates and detainees participation in pre-release/life skills programs and activities.
- May maintain class rosters, attendance records, and provides certificates for pre-release life skills program.
- May report inmates and detainees for failing to attend assigned classes as an offense.
- Assesses inmates and detainees needs and makes referrals to appropriate staff.
- May participate in formulation and development of release plan.
- May secure supplementary information, such as employment, medical records or school records.
- Aids inmates and detainees in planning and developing an individual post-release plan and encourages them to assume the responsibility for post-release behaviors and activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.