JOIN A LEADER IN CORRECTIONAL HEALTHCARE
ANNOUNCING NEW PAY RATES: $28.33 - $30.25 (Depending on years of exp.)
Clinically-Focused, Patient-Centered, Evidence-Based
When you join our health services team as a provider, nurse, or mental health professional, you are able to focus on what led you into health care to begin with – providing hope and healing to vulnerable patients in challenging clinical environments.
At CoreCivic we do more than manage inmates, we care for people. CoreCivic is currently seeking Licensed Practical Nurses who have a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional setting. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for the performances of basic nursing duties to include execution of physician orders, operation of pill call, operation of sick call, and assisting the physician in examinations and treatments and performs technical/clinical procedures within the scope of his/her license. Assists in the professional management of the facility medical department.
The successful candidate should be able to perform ALL of the following functions at a pace and level of performance consistent with the actual job performance requirements.
- Apply appropriate nursing skills in the care and treatment of inmates/residents.
- Attend sick call with the physician to see inmates/residents; prepare a list of inmates/residents to be examined; prepare examining room and equipment.
- Operate pill call, dispense medication and document as required by applicable policies and/or procedures.
- Control medication, syringes and other medical supplies or equipment and inventory as required by established procedures.
- Maintain absolute security and confidentiality of all medical records.
More about CoreCivic!
Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee with over 70 facilities nationwide, CoreCivic is the leader in partnership corrections with a growing presence in:
- CoreCivic Safety, we operate safe, secure facilities that provide high
quality services and effective reentry programs that enhance public safety.
- CoreCivic Properties, we offer innovative and flexible real estate
solutions that provide value to government and the people they serve.
- CoreCivic Community, we deliver proven and innovative practices in
settings that help people obtain employment, successful reintegrate into society and keep communities safe.
With opportunities in correctional security, education, and healthcare, CoreCivic has a position that's perfect for you.
Each CoreCivic facility is like a small town. Our correctional facilities feature kitchens, dining halls, places of worship, classrooms, vocational training centers, health care clinics, recreational areas, housing units, administrative offices and more. Working together, we provide hundreds of services and perform countless tasks every day. Teamwork is a way of life for CoreCivic employees and how we are able to provide the industry's highest quality safety and security around the clock.
CoreCivic offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match and paid training!
- Graduate from an approved school of nursing with a certificate as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Must be licensed in the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.