The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is a professional care giver who assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of residents for a designated time frame and provides care to these residents via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, environment/instrumentation, and other health care team members.
- Must be a graduate from a State Accredited License Practice Nursing program with current license to practice in the state of Louisiana.
- Knowledge of education responsibilities to staff, community and students; a well integrated personality; an understanding and appreciation of good physical and mental health.
- Knowledge of the nursing process, pharmacology and medical procedures which may be encountered in the program, communication skills, interest in continued professional growth.
- Knowledge of new trends in mental health nursing or recovery process from chemical dependency; and can adapt to progressive change
- Minimum two (2) years prior LPN experience required
- Experience working with elderly adults in nursing home setting preferred
- Current license to practice vocational nursing in the State of Louisiana required