Sign on Bonus Offered!!
Schedule: M-F 8am-4:30pm with flex hours needed.
Medical/Dental/Vision for Full-Time employees
Paid Time Off
Annual Bonus Opportunity
401K matching + employee stock purchase plan
Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs.
Opportunities for career advancement
As the world’s leading clinical laboratory, Quest Diagnostics played a central role in the national response to COVID-19. Our nearly 50,000 employees banded together to support each other and the thousands of patients we serve every day. We prioritized the health and safety of our frontline workers, enabled timely and effective decision-making and collaborated with each other across functions.
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
- Provides management, leadership, and mentorship to the various lab sections.
- Represents the laboratory and collaborates with subspecialty and R&D teams, incorporating best practices and serves as a liaison between Laboratory staff and Internal/External clients. Works with Quality and Compliance departments to review, manage, and improve, where necessary, Quality Assurance programs.
- Ensures laboratory staff conducts highly complex diagnostic procedures according to Standard Operating Procedures, including specimen processing, performing test procedures, data analysis and reporting results.
- Prepares and reviews operational metrics and other data for management review on a regular basis.
- Acts as the primary liaison between the clinical laboratory and R&D and facilitates technology transfer from development into the clinical laboratory.
- Mentors and supports direct reports, i.e. Supervisors, QA Specialists and Safety Coordinators in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
- Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs and supervises activities of the Quality Assurance Specialist. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections. Manages activities of Laboratory staff in accordance to CLIA regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Oversees staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
- Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
- Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines.
- Manages test database. Ensures departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
- Coordinates R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and business unit committees as needed.
- Develops annual budget and manages department costs, capital equipment and resources to adhere to budget.
- Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication.
- Defines, coordinates and monitors EHS programs and supervises activities of the Department Safety Coordinator. Ensures EHS regulatory standards and safety procedures are followed. Oversees plans and preparations for inspections.
- Supports CLS Training Program.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences required. Masters degree preferred.
- Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years laboratory experience with at least four (4) years of direct supervisory experience in the anatomical pathology laboratory.
- Must have proven leadership, interpersonal skills and technical knowledge, strong organization and planning skills.