SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prepare and analyze samples according to SGS’ analytical SOPs using instrumentation specific to the department and analytical methodologies
- Perform analytical measurements that are both accurate and precise
- Work independently and as part of a team to meet daily production targets and ensure hold times and turnaround times are met
- Understand and apply basic analytical chemistry principles.
- Make standards and reagents as required and document work appropriately.
- Use and update LIMS to track and manage workload.
- Follow safe practices and maintain a safe working environment.
- Work with the Department Supervisor to manage work load
- Apply technical judgment to determine potential problems for samples
- Calibrate instrumentation
- Process and report analytical results
- Update and load work into LIMS. Use LIMS for appropriate background information.
- Use technical judgment to determine the appropriate analytical approach for various sample matrices
- Appropriately use lab applications.
- Track instrument quality control.
- Appropriately follow safety, operational integrity and quality control requirements for the work that is done
- A degree or diploma in a science field with relevant lab classes or equivalent experience
- Environmental laboratory experience a plus
- Language Skills: English
- Must be able to perform analytical measurements that are both accurate and precise
- Must have the ability to read and follow documented procedures, SOPs, safety rules, and operating and maintenance instructions
- Knowledge and understanding of basic analytical chemistry principles
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Some analytical thinking and problem-solving skills are a requirement of this position. Must have some understanding of process and workflow
- Manual dexterity required. Must be able to perform some repetitive tasks with accuracy and precision
- Computer Skills: The ability to use common software (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, LIMS) is required
- Experience with LIMS an asset
- Exhibits high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrates upmost level of integrity in all instances and shows respect towards others and towards company principles.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to balance multiple projects concurrently (with different deadlines) and arrange the resources necessary to accomplish them.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.