Asst, Lab II - Histology- Irving, Texas - M-F
M - F 12 pm-8:30 pm; Evening Shift
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
The Histology Laboratory Assistant II position is an entry level position for an individual with prior laboratory experience. The individual will perform routine and limited non-routine functions to aid in the preparation of histopathology samples. The individual will work under general supervision of trained, certified histotechnicians and/or histotechnologists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under general supervision and according to policies and procedures, perform routine and limited non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides, for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s).
2. Receive/collect, label and prepare tissue specimens for gross dissection.
3. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
4. Monitor inventory, requisition and order supplies prior to depletion, stock and maintain laboratory supplies.
5. May run and/or monitor pending lists.
6. May generate and maintain department statistics.
7. Operate, clean, and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware, and instruments. Maintain a clean workstation in the grossing area.
8. Prepare reagents for tissue processing and routine slide staining, under direct supervision.
9. Perform routine H&E staining either manually or automated.
10. Perform coverslipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
11. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
12. With appropriate education and training, may assist technical staff with limited technical functions (Contact MQA-AP for specific guidance).
13. Responsible for all assigned clerical duties associated with the Histology laboratory.
14. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
15. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
16. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations.
17. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
18. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
1. High School Education or equivalent.
2. 1 year of histopathology or other laboratory experience
3. Good clerical, organizational and communication skills.
4. 1 year of experience handling PHI and other patient information using an LIS
5. Basic knowledge of operating non-complex instrumentation.
1. College level science courses
2. 3 years of histopathology or other laboratory experience, including providing support to pathologists.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Ability to physically, audibly, and visually perform all functions.
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 40 pounds
- Good verbal skills
- Good decision making skills