Lab Operations Dir -
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Currently we are seeking a Lab Operations Director. As a Lab Operations Director, you will perform the daily activities as described below.
Basic Purpose: Oversees technical lab operations for units with less than $70mm in revenue but greater than 300 employees. Responsible through lab managers for quality and timeliness of technical procedures, compliance, and overall lab budget.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and coordinates laboratory activities to insure that services are provided on schedule with quality and cost objectives.
2. Insures that all laboratory activities and operations are carried out in compliance with local, state, federal, and governmental regulations and laws.
3. Develops and trains personnel within the laboratory and reviews and appraises their performance.
4. Establishes laboratory organization plan and delegates responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities to appropriate subordinates.
5. Creates and evaluates new procedures and equipment for potential use on the laboratory and recommends new procedures and equipment where necessary.
6. Directs, coordinates and oversees major unit projects to the best economic advantage of the corporation.
Education: BSMT (MS/Ph D desirable)
ASCP Certification preferred
Work Experience: 8+ years lab experience including at least 3 years in a managerial role
Key Word Search: operations, budget, oversee, manage, direct, compliance, coordinate, leader, medical technologist