The QA/QC Manager is expected to oversee the control systems necessary to ensure that information generated by the Laboratory is generated in accordance with business needs of the Branch and in conformance with the Company's Quality Management System.
• To install, apply, develop, and maintain quality assurance practices, which will enable the laboratory to meet and exceed, desired quality standards in a cost effective fashion.
• To monitor quality assurance activities in the Laboratory to determine conformance with authorized procedures and good practices, and to make, or arrange to have made, corrections and improvements as may be necessary. Laboratory quality assurance practices and activities referred to include, without being limited to:
i. Calibrations and authority over all instrumentation repair
ii. Method verification and validation
iii. Training, proficiency testing; and cross check programs
iv. Application of statistical techniques
v. Review and approval of data
• Assist in and/or conducts all laboratory investigations of discrepancies to resolve problems with clients, and to inform Management of required corrective actions.
• Monitor key performance indicators (KPI), including turn around time of samples
• Remain aware of developments in the quality field by reading current technical literature and attending technical meetings.
• Advise in the purchase of those laboratory supplies which have a direct effect on quality.
• Execute or participate in internal and external quality audits.
• Assist in the training efforts of the Company.
• Work closely with Operations regarding the interpretation and implementation of any element of the Quality Management System, to resolve differences, and ultimately to ensure that the system is understood and applied uniformly.
• Participate in and take a leadership role as it pertains to the laboratory Safety Policy.
• To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others that may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.