Lab Supervisor - Manhattan, New York - Mon-Fri, day shift
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Motivate team to attain organizational goals by effectively utilizing the initiatives from the Operating Model in increasing both efficiency and productivity; Commitment to continuous improvement through empowerment and management data.
- Manage the performance and behavior of staff in a positive and effective manner. Utilize the company’s performance management tools to promote positive and professional behavior.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems; keeps management informed of emerging issues and concerns.
- Responsible for the distribution and assignment of work to staff.
- Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. Re-evaluates methodology, making recommendations for changes and test interpretation. Determine if further testing is warranted to be performed on samples, or if test should be repeated.
- Reviews and approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
- Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
- Responsible for preparing written correspondence related to performance management, PD&R’s, etc.
- Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the technical skills inherent within Core Lab. Reviews procedures and message codes, recommending changes where necessary.
- Assist with resolving problems for critical Hospital accounts; Acts as a Q-Suite liaison for the Core Laboratory; Reviews Public Health Reports, when necessary, in a timely manner;
- Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
- BS in Biological Science Required. BS MT Preferred.
- Must be NYS CLT licensed or vetted by NYS to be license eligible
- 5+ years’ experience in a clinical laboratory required.
- 3+ years in a leadership role preferred.
- Experience in a reference laboratory preferred.