Up to $10,000 Sign on Bonus Available.
Lab Supv- Denver, Colorado - Monday - Friday
Responsible for the scheduling and supervision of the non-exempt lab personnel on multiple shifts. Accountable for quantity and quality of specimens handled and test results.
1. Oversees staff and activities of the department, distributes/assigns work; determines priorities; schedules non-routine procedures; performs personnel related functions (hiring, firing, discipline, training, etc.).
2. Performs advanced/specialized tests and other related laboratory techniques. May duplicate work of others to confirm test results. Re-evaluates methodology, makes recommended changes and assists in test interpretation. Determines if further testing should be done on samples or if test should be repeated.
3. Checks/approves all specialized and problem reports for accuracy.
4. Initiates quality-control measures and monitors quality of work for adherence to laboratory standards.
5. Performs duties of technologist as necessitated by absence or peak workload.
6. Completes special projects as requested, e. g., surveys, statistical reports, studies, research, etc.
Education: BS MT preferred Work Experience: 5+ years
Other: Experience in a laboratory environment.
New York State Inspection Lab Requirements only:
• 6 years clinical experience
• Masters or Bachelors degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science from accredited institution, medical laboratory technology or cytology