SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Responsible for the supervision and management of the laboratory testing operations and staff which conduct the analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc.
- P & L responsibility for assigned Laboratory operations.
- Provide assistance to clients in explaining Laboratory analysis.
- Responsible for determining authenticity of Laboratory Certificates Analysis.
- Receive orders from clients on submitted samples; follow up on job progress and report status to clients.
- Provide recommendations to the Regional Laboratory Manager on upgrading laboratory.
- Participate in local marketing efforts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of sampling techniques.
- Assure compliance with Laboratory Q.A. Manual and Safety Manual.
- Perform testing and analysis, as well as other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Quality Control of laboratory solutions and standards.
- Identify emerging shifts in the industry through the review of competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of laboratory staff.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain current knowledge by attending seminars, lectures, meetings and professional conferences.
- At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Bachelor Degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry or other related field.
- Must have 3-5 years in a management and/or supervisory role.
- Prior experience in the Oil & Gas industry preferred.
- Must have prior experience with instrumentation and calibrations.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and petroleum products.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation and analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to work with minimal supervision and to effectively prioritize and schedule workload to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues; quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.