Responsible for the supervision and management of the laboratory testing operations and staff which conducts the analysis and reporting of various products such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG & LNG gases, etc. and customer service.
- Provide assistance to clients in explaining Laboratory analysis, communication with clients on a regular basis and provide excellent customer service
- Assume responsibility for authenticity for Laboratory Certificates of Analysis.
- Receive orders from clients on submitted samples and provide quotes; follow up on job progress and reports status to clients.
- Provide recommendations to the Regional Laboratory Manager on upgrading laboratory.
- Participate in local marketing efforts.
- Maintain thorough understanding of sampling techniques.
- Assure compliance with Laboratory Q.A. Manual and Safety Manual.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Able to identify emerging shifts in the industry through the review of competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive.
- This position may directly or indirectly manage or supervise employees and will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these individuals. Executes responsibilities in accordance with applicable laws and the organization's policies which include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry or other related field.
- Must have a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of increasing responsibly and managing staff. Prior experience in the Oil, Gas and Chemical field is desirable but not necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Ability to identify emerging shifts in the business environment and access the economic implications through competitive analysis coupled with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations to maintain competitive in the market.
- Demonstrated ability to interact as a leader in a team-building environment with a wide variety of individuals from diverse disciplines, cultures and experience.
- Must be experienced with instrumentation and calibrations; and be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
- Must be available on-call which can include, week-ends and holidays.
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and other office applications.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.