Hematology Laboratory Mgr- Chantilly, Virginia
Schedule: Monday-Friday day shift
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Medical Technologist you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Medical Technologists play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
The Laboratory Manager has the overall responsibility for the planning, coordination, evaluation, and supervision of all technical and/or operational activities and staff members in the Hematology/Coagulation laboratory. Responsible for performing duties so as to operate the lab with the highest quality safety and integrity, and in an efficient, economical and businesslike manner are of utmost importance.
- Plans, assigns, and directs work in the Hematology/Coagulation laboratory. Serves as liaison with other areas as needed.
- Mentors and supports direct reports, i.e. Supervisors, Technologists and Lab Assistants in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
- Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
- Oversees staffing of all personnel in the laboratory. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, hiring, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
- Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
- Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines.
- Manages test database. Ensures departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
- Coordinates R&D activities as it relates to operations and actively participates on subspecialty committees, corporate committees, and business unit committees as needed.
- Manages department costs and resources to adhere to budget.
- Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication.
- Bachelor's degree in life sciences required. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years Hematology/Coagulation laboratory experience with at least 4 years of direct supervisory experience in the clinical or anatomical pathology laboratory.