Laboratory Manager- Teterboro, New Jersey
Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Laboratory Manager , you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you will have the opportunity to collaborate and affect change while expanding your leadership skills and technical knowledge. You can make a real impact in a market that is growing and developing.
1. Plans, assigns, and directs work in the laboratory. Serves as liaison with other areas as needed.
2. Mentors and supports direct reports, i.e. Supervisors, QA Specialists and Safety Coordinators in their responsibilities and functions, ensuring they receive training in supervisory skill development. Identifies and implements training programs as necessary.
3. Defines, coordinates, and monitors quality assurance programs as pertains to the Chemistry department. Ensures quality control and compliance procedures are followed and QC reports are up to date. Oversee plans and preparations for inspections.
4. Effectively maintains quality staffing by interviewing, training and providing staff development through performance evaluation and corrective counseling.
5. Identifies future needs in terms of staff, equipment, and facilities. Submits appropriate documentation for procurement of such.
6. Reviews test performance, drives process and project management, and prepares and submits required reports to meet established deadlines.
7. Ensures departmental standard operating procedures and database accurately reflects the current process.
8. Manages department costs and resources to adhere to budget.
9. Resolves problems through interaction with clients via phone calls or other means of communication.
10. Provides technical expertise and consultation to healthcare providers and other contacts.
-Bachelor's degree in medical technology or life sciences required. ASCP certification preferred.
-Master’s degree preferred
-8 years laboratory experience, preferably 4 years in the Chemistry department
-4 years of direct supervisory experience in the clinical laboratory
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or Citizenship.