Coordinates the administrative, clinical, and technical functions and activities in one or more divisions or sections of the department. Provides laboratory services to meet the needs of patients, ensuring services are performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices. Consults with medical staff and other healthcare providers on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Bachelors Degree in Medical Laboratory Science or equivalent degree
- Diploma or transcript and designated certification/license are required at the time of hire per College of American Pathologist (CAP) accreditation guidelines for CAP accredited laboratories in Corpus Christi, Alice, Beeville and Kleberg.
- Minimum of 3-5 years Clinical Laboratory experience required
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Licensure as Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS)