SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Provide ‘best in class’ service to clients by promptly communicating issues or delays
- Training of all Laboratory personnel
- Monitor performance of lab staff and employ coaching and discipline as needed.
- Supervise and provide guidance to receiving specialists to aid in sample login and transport of clients’ samples.
- Provide assistance to clients in explaining Laboratory analysis, and technical solutions where appropriate.
- Assuming responsibility of authenticity Laboratory Certificates of Analysis
- Receive orders from clients on submitted samples, follow up on job progress and reports status to clients
- Make recommendations to Regional Laboratory manager on upgrading the Laboratory
- Take an active role in local marketing efforts
- Maintain a thorough understanding of sampling techniques and sample sources.
- Perform testing and analysis, as well as other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Assure compliance with Laboratory Q.A. Manual and Safety Manual
- Understand and keep current with lab quality practices and SOPs.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, with emphasis in chemistry preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of transferable experience (as it relates to specific responsibilities above) with increasing supervisory responsibilities.
- Must have API standards knowledge coupled with experienced with instrumentation and calibrations
- Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals and petroleum products.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals and/or groups both within the organization or while representing the organization.
- Must have flexible schedule.
- Ability to synthesize information from a variety of sources into solutions.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Acts accordingly to the SGS standards of ethics and integrity.
- Excellent time management skills which includes the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while achieving different deadlines.
- Ability to build and lead an effective team and foster a sense of collaboration to achieve goals.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.