Responsible for assisting and performing a wide range of chemical and physical analyses on petro fuels and chemicals.
• Perform all required testing on petro fuels, gasoline, and chemical samples.
• Assists in the setting up of laboratory equipment and / or instrumentation required for the analysis of samples and general upkeep and housekeeping of the Laboratory.
• Perform standardization of all solutions.
• Documents all activities and recordkeeping accordingly to SOP’s.
• Pick up samples from various locations and bring them to assigned Laboratory, depending on location.
• Assist in all other laboratory assignments and projects.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) coupled - a minimum of six months of experience in a Laboratory performing rudimentary analysis.
• Science degree is strongly preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work with all chemicals, petrochemicals petroleum,
• Must be able to differentiate colors accurately by sight.
• Depending on location, position may require incumbent to work weekends, holiday or work a rotating shift, to meet business commitments.
• While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to stand; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and test or smell; frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms; required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to differentiate between colors accurately by sight.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.