SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
Responsible for safely conducting analysis and reporting of various products, such as crude oil, fuel oils, middle distillates, petroleum and petrochemicals, LPG and LNG gases as well as lubricants for the Natural Resources and Industries and Environment sectors.
- Responsible for conducting laboratory analysis (hands on working on the bench).
- Complete all laboratory reports as applicable.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory analysis methods.
- Assist with the maintenance and calibration of equipment.
- Understand and keep current with all laboratory safety and reporting techniques.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Prepare chemical solutions according to standard formulas.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED (Required)
- Associates Degree in a science discipline (Preferred)
- 1-year experience working in a laboratory setting (Preferred)
- For Crude Assay Technician: Previous experience in crude oil assay distillation per ASTM D2892 and ASTM D5236 (Preferred)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.