SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Laboratory Technician, you will prepare samples and analysis following published test methods and company/client SOPs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Perform physical testing on products including plastic films, paper products, and shipping containers.
- Record test results in the format specified which includes handwritten datasheets, computer printouts, and electronic data entry.
- Routine operation, maintenance, and validation of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Assist in the investigation of, response to, and follow-up of client inquiries and complaints.
- May assist in limited internal and external technical support to marketing, sales, customer services, and clients regarding tests, reports, and other technical information.
- Coordinate with other laboratory technicians and/or assistants on sample receiving, logging, pretreatment, preparation, testing and other tasks.
- Conduct multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in the related scientific field
- 3+ years working in a lab setting with experience following strict safety standards, or equivalent education and experience
- Attend work regularly and predictably
- May work with limited guidance, independently or as part of a team
- Familiarity with Company and Laboratory Quality and Operations systems
- Familiarity with LIMS and other laboratory data management
- Effective understanding, written and verbal skills
- Takes initiative to learn and grow. Able to learn and apply new technologies and instruments
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.