The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• - Preparing samples for multiple analysis by grinding,homogenizing, cutting and weighing.
• - Placing identifying information and stickers onsample analysis bags and plates.
• - Pipette sample solution into tubes or platesaccording to the analysis process being performed. Must be capable of making serial dilutions.
• - Prepare media, broth, and laboratory equipmentfor use in microbial testing.
• - Prepare reagents and solutions for use inchemical analysis.
• - Autoclave laboratory waste as required.
• - Performing basic microbiological techniques toanalyze food products for the presence of bacteria.
• - Perform basic chemistry tests to analyze foodproducts as indicators of product quality.
Ideal candidate will possess laboratory experience or previous coursework in Microbiology, Food Science, Biology, or Chemistry. Candidate must also be familiar with aseptic technique.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• SGS is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will be called back shortly. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.