SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
As the Laboratory Technician, you will perform performance, chemical, and physical testing of samples such as fabrics, garments, accessories, and other soft goods among others to determine performance properties as well as other characteristics.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform routine laboratory testing, following the relevant company’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and methods. Validate performance on methods as required.
- Test to applicable standards (ASTM, CSPA, ISO, SSC, etc.) and customer-specific protocols.
- Determines the type of testing based on the appropriate guidelines and regulations.
- Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports.
- May also have prep or field responsibilities, as required by business needs.
- May be required to receive, sort, log client samples into the database, and prepare sample labels.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Assurance/Quality Control checks on equipment.
- Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and equipment necessary for the day-to-day functioning of the laboratory and in compiling a list of supplies to be ordered when needed.
- Assists in calibration/verification tasks and other ISO 17025 related activities.
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for tasks is worn at all times.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in a related scientific field
- 3-5 years working in a lab setting with experience following strict safety standards, or equivalent education and experience
- Degree in Textiles or related science preferred
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.