The General laborer is a member of a construction team that is responsible for trenching, plowing, and placing communication cable, fiber optic cable, conduits and other associated facilities.
This entry level position can get you started in the utility construction field. We offer training for other higher skilled positions.
• Opens trenches, backfills and compacts trenches using hand tools and power equipment.
• Pulls cable and wire through trenches and structural areas of buildings.
• Removes and replaces sod on easements.
• Self-motivated with ability to following oral and written instructions
• Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and cooperatively with coworkers
• Be at least 18 years old
• Utility construction experience a plus