We are looking for a Lead Accountant to join one of our clients in Downtown Portland. This is a direct hire opportunity offering comprehensive benefits. Interested candidates should apply directly, or email resumes to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prepare and maintain monthly account reconciliations ensuring accuracy in reporting of ledger balances for all assigned areas. This includes preparing and recording all required entries into the accounting system
- Perform monthly variance analysis over balance sheet, income statement, and changes in financial position for respective locations
- Develop, document, and implement accounting and internal control policies and procedures
- Support external auditors with annual audit testing for areas you are responsible for
- Assist in completion of other miscellaneous duties/activities as they arise in the course of finance and accounting operations
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or Finance is required
- Advanced proficiency with Excel is required
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves to meet/exceed various deadlines
- Strong oral and written skills and the ability to communicate effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.