Join one of the nation's fastest-growing mortgage teams. At Penfed, our people are our greatest advantage. As we grow rapidly, we want to hire the industry’s leading talent. If you are up for the challenge, you belong here.
PenFed is hiring a Lead Business Controls Analyst at our San Antonio, Texas location. The primary purpose of this job is to support adherence to regulatory, audit, and quality requirements of the Mortgage business units within defined business goals. This position will be supporting the business “First line of Defense”. This position may manage one or more of the related essential controls functions including key areas. This position will develop, design and implement solutions to align with the strategic goals of PenFed Mortgage.
** We are pleased to offer a $10,000 SIGNING BONUS for Lead Business Controls Processing/Underwriting & Sales Analysts whose start date with PenFed is on or before April 30, 2021.**
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor adherence to mortgage regulations including Federal and State as well as NCUA, CFPB regulations, and secondary marketing requirements.
- Collaborate with business areas and Three Lines of Defense with identifying issues, developing action plans, and executing action plans from issues that surface within internal or external audits.
- Provide support with third party investor reviews, audits and set up within systems.
- Assist with responses to audits from internal or external auditors. Facilitate action plan development related to audits from internal and external auditors.
- Provide system and operations recommendations related to business controls to promote continuous improvement of audit and compliance posture within mortgage business.
- Engage with Compliance and other departments within the credit union to deliver on action plans and requests.
- Provide support and integration of updates to Mortgage related policies and procedures and establish change management processes to keep policies and procedures current.
- Monitor quality of business areas through vendors, quality assurance routines and control reporting to identify risk trends and opportunities.
- Coordinate with business area, vendor management and vendors to monitor quality oversight of servicing vendors
- Engage in disaster planning updates, testing and responsiveness for the mortgage business
- Engage in testing coordination support and maintain updates for Business Continuity activities.
- Maintain expert knowledge of mortgage industry and recommends changes to benefit the credit union, members and staff.
- Monitor and tracking business process controls for mitigation of risks outside of risk appetite for the business
- Actively engage in continual departmental process improvement.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of key business processes within the assigned mortgage business unit.
Responsible for the documentation, ownership and communication of key business processes and issues resolution.
Identify opportunities and lead implementation of business solutions to meet business needs.
Create and maintain department process workflows and procedure framework.
Responsible for business requirements to assist with the development of in-line controls to decrease the incidence of non-compliance.
Acts as a subject matter expert to assure processes are compliant with investor and regulatory guidelines
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in mortgages controls, risk, or real estate loans (origination, processing, closing and funding) is required
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to balance multiple priorities, adapt to constantly changing business environment, work independently, drive projects to completion, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate abilities in problem –solving and analysis identifies issues, analyzes information to assess root cause and relationships, risks, and potential risk responses. Proven ability to synthesize complex data into concise recommendations and reports to senior management.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required. Certifications in project management, risk management, and auditing are helpful.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
Travel to various worksites is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.