Penske Truck Leasing, an industry leading transportation company, is currently expanding IT operations into the Tampa Market. We are looking for qualified developers and software engineers to build and support next generation applications. Our teams have been working with some of the latest technologies to deliver innovative logistics solutions to our customers. We are fast moving and growing our efforts across many different technologies consisting of a collaborative project team environment that allows you the opportunity to display your skills and learn from others. Our MIS department is a lab-like environment, and our developers have been building web and mobile applications that integrate with Big Data and Cloud platforms- to provide our customers with real time information on their fleet management and driver performance. This team is being built from the ground up, and will have an immediate, visible impact to our organization.
A Penske Senior Programmer Analyst develops and maintains computer applications for end user groups. While we are looking for a Full Stack Developer, we are specifically looking for those who are experts in Angular. We are open to candidates who are familiar with Angular v.2 and above as our environment is currently v.7 and will soon be upgraded. This specific role will be impacting websites and applications used by our marketing, remarketing and rental departments. This person will be responsible for analyzing the performance, writing of the code, testing and documenting solutions for these applications. In addition, this role contains a leadership component. This person will be expected to play a role in finding appropriate technology solutions for end clients, reviewing/mentoring Junior Developers and keeping leadership updated on project progress.
• Responsible for the creation, modification, and testing of code
• Involved in the leading and reviewing of code from junior level and/or offshore/remote programmers or external vendors
• Involved in ongoing systems monitoring and general support of assigned applications
• Involved in analyzing system/software performance
• Responsible for analyzing and identifying system performance issues, recoding bugs, testing fixes and implementing the solution identified
• Analyze software solutions based on customer requirements and suggest the best solution
• Other projects or tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degrees preferred
• 5-7 years of functional experience in the following areas:
- Experience working with Leads and internal customers to define and gather requirements and map them to technical specifications.
- JAVA/J2EE preferably using a web application server like Websphere or JBoss
- SQL - Experience in writing optimized complex SQL statements.
- Angular (v2.0 or Greater preferred)
- Web Services/Restful and SOA
- Spring and Design Patterns, iBatis
- Relational Database Design
- Project Lead experience and Project Management
- Full System Development Lifecycle experience.
- Participate in all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support existing software and develop new software modules.
In addition, preferred experience with:
- Responsive design and adaptive development
- Elastic Search
- Mobile Smart Phones
- Nodejs, SASS, Gulp, Maven, GIT, BitBucket/STASH, JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, ANT
- Oracle, iSeries DB2, and MS SQL Server database experience
- Exposure to Swagger
- Microsoft Office and Visio
- Splunk or other log analyzers
• 1-2 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
• 3-5 years of experience and full fluency & knowledge in these systems, programming languages, tools and technologies:
• Working knowledge of systems development standards and procedures required
• Demonstrated experience in testing and debugging techniques required
• Proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues quickly.
• Must have strong written and oral interpersonal communication skills
• Must have strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently or on a team
• Strong time management skills required
• Must show initiative in issue resolution and prevention
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a
premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.