Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
As a critical member of the Information Technology team, the Lead Developer/Platform Manager serves as a strategic partner between IT and targeted business functions for large scale, strategic business and IT initiatives. Possessing a high degree of business and technical acumen, assesses current business capabilities and recommends the appropriate platform solution. This role can be based in our Florham Park, NJ, or Bohemia, NY, offices or remote.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Owns technical architecture of all solutions running on technical platform
- Attends Cross Platform/Cross BRM and CAB meetings to represent team’s changes and interests
- Release management considering project dependency, cost efficiency and platform synergies
- Drive selection process for technical solutions through comprehensive technical assessment
- Manage technical delivery, including 3rd party SI selection via RFP
- Owns SOW approval.
- Contribute to govern IT resource approval, prioritization and resource planning efforts for enhancements
- Manage execution from design, development, testing, deploy and Hyper care/ KT to IT Operations
- Fully utilize current platform functionalities before bringing new solutions in.
- Drive cost reduction by proactively eliminating duplicative technical solutions (or cost avoidance by ensuring non-duplicative future architecture)
- Partners with Business Relationship Managers to ensure an optimal solution is being provided that meets the needs of the business
- Accountable for change adoption by selecting and implementing the right technical solution and design
- Provides guidance and technical leadership to Platform resources
- Manages the technical resources during execution including System Integration
- Ability to engineer a platform that provides internal capability to the IT organization
- Lead a team, mentor and develop capabilities in others; identify short and long-term training and development needs for all team members; participate in the recruitment process and develops Associates for career progression