Lead Mobile Application Developer
PenFed Credit Union is hiring a Lead Mobile Application Developer in Tysons, Virginia. The primary purpose of this role is to design, develop and implement mobile applications for DXi - Digital & Innovation on iOS, Android, and hybrid platforms, while bridging the gap between business and technology and driving the business forward in their objectives with innovativewe-based technology applications.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Serve as one of the lead technical experts on mobile and/or web development and coding standards.
- Analyze, design, develop, document and test user interfaces and system components of a medium to complex nature, utilizing the knowledge of the major peripheral systems that work in conjunction with assigned applications.
- Provide Accurate LOE (Level of Effort) estimates for development work, while having the ability to work on multiple projects concurrently according the business needs and requirements.
- Ensure changes are implemented according to specifications.
- Review problems, understanding the major impacts to technical and business-related areas, and provide basic recommendations and solutions that can be implemented to correct the problem.
- Ensure appropriate company and departmental Change Control and operational procedures are followed for all production-related updates assigned changes.
- Lead development planning for organization critical efforts.
- Represent the development team in departmental planning.
- Provide direct mentoring to more junior developers.
- Translate business requirements into viable technical architectures and designs.
- Understand the current applications and technical architecture and improvise them as needed.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and methods to optimize development process.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering a related field or a combination of education and work experience that provides the necessary skills and knowledge to satisfactorily perform the essential job is required.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience with designing, developing, testing, and deploying functional code is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in building mobile applications is required.
- Full life cycle Mobile app development experience across IOS & Android, native and hybrid
- Experience in building Hybrid Mobile Application Frameworks: Cordova, Phone Gap, Angular, and Ionic.
- Experience in using Jenkins, Maven, SpringBoot, Spring MVC is preferred.
- Experience with developing for AEM Mobile, JAVA, and Salesforce is preferred
- Experience with integration and use of Splunk, Postman API, and Dynatrace a plus
- Passionate about technology and showing eagerness to work with the bleeding edge tech stack
- Experience in consuming RESTful web services, JSON, and HTTP.
- General knowledge of software/UI patterns regarding the consumption of synchronous and asynchronous web services.
- Experience with Agile development including daily scrum and weekly iteration reviews and planning
- Experience in performance optimization of mobile apps.
- Experience in implementing security in mobile apps.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard.
- Above all the candidate will need to be passionate about building mobile app solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to function in a global, 24/7 intensive business environment.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call may be required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.8 million members and over $25 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 531-444-8329.