SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world. Our laboratories and global network provide specialist Cyber Security testing and certification services for digital products, networked systems and online services.
SGS is assembling a new facility in San Antonio to provide cyber security services to organizations within the North American region. These services will include penetration testing and vulnerability assessments, compliance auditing, and training. As the Lead Penetration Tester, you will help to build the capability, prepare a professional team, and perform penetration testing services to SGS clients.
More specifically, you will:
- Coordinate with SGS management team to build out the technical requirements, prepare the tool kits and assessment team, and execute penetration testing and vulnerability assessment services;
- Be a team-oriented person, working with other members of the SGS DTS NAM team to ensure that we provide our clients with thorough, professional security services which deliver value to business and technical end-users;
- Deliver client management and technical reports, detailing the results of your assessments in both a technical and non-technical manner;
- Assist clients with questions regarding vulnerabilities and the remediation efforts involved in eliminating them;
- Improve customer deliverables through report template and procedural updates;
- Collaborate with each of the SGS cyber lab personnel, share information and capabilities, and enable standardized or benchmark practices where possible;
- Grow the capability to offer more specialized services such as Internet of Things (IoT), Web Applications, Software, Industrial Control Systems / Operational Technology, and Red Teaming.
- Six years applied penetration testing experience with cyber security experience or a bachelor’s degree in a technical or cyber related field;
- Advance Penetration testing certification such as GXPN, LPT, CPENT or equivalent (CREST CRT desired);
- Strong understanding and applied use of vulnerability scanning tools and penetration tool suites such as Metasploit, Kali, Burp Suite, OpenVAS or Nessus;
- Experience with OWASP Top 10 and how to test for identified vulnerabilities;
- Strong understanding of network enterprise environments and dependencies, wired/wireless/virtual architectures, and the respective networking equipment.
This position will be based at our Cyber Lab in San Antonio.