For more than 70 years, The Nature’s Bounty Co. has enriched the lives of consumers around the world and stood as the leader in health and wellness by introducing innovative products and solutions to the marketplace. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature’s Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature’s Bounty®, Sundown Naturals®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Ester-C®, MET-Rx®, Pure Protein®, Balance®, Body Fortress®, Puritan’s Pride® and Organic Dr.®, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms.
The Lead for Inventory Control is responsible for all of the shipping and receiving functions, staging raw materials and components for production.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect by assuring the quality and quantity of product produced
- Leading the Inventory Control and Pharmacy Departments
- Maintain the schedules for the Inventory Control associates to ensure there is adequate coverage for shipping, receiving, and production to run effectively
- Provide necessary training to associates for specific job functions in Inventory Control
- Maintain accurate inventories of raw materials and components at all times
- Assure accurate picking and staging of raw materials and components for production in a timely manner to avoid manufacturing delays
- Complete the returns from the process areas on a daily basis
- Prepare and follow preventive maintenance schedules for forklifts and pallet jacks
- Complete documentation of inventory operations where required by Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and file accordingly
- Monitors/tracks/reports on workload, schedules, reliability, compliance, and training issues
- Provide miscellaneous supplies (hairnets, gloves, PPE, etc.) to associates
- Dispenses raw materials per a formula independently as well as within a team environment
- Matches all labels with batch records
- Documents process as per formula and SOPs
- Loads and unloads raw materials
- May either handle hazardous waste or supervise individuals who handle hazardous waste
- Monitors pharmacy process periodically and report any abnormal conditions to the manager
- Manages the department in the absence of the supervisor and/or manager
- 1-3 years of warehouse experience
- Prior machine operator experience in a manufacturing setting required
- Must be licensed to operate lift equipment
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be able to respond to verbal and written instructions
- Ability to write and read simple correspondence
- Physical ability to repetitively lift, stand, climb, bend, etc. within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of weighing operations and related documentation
- Previous Pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); college preferred
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.