Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Lead Technical Writer at one of the following locations: Omaha, Nebraska; San Antonio, Texas; Eugene, Oregon; and Tysons, Virginia. The primary purpose of this job is to use exceptional writing and editing, and Knowledge Management (KM) concepts to produce content for continually evolving databases of procedural documents, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and other articles for use by PenFed staff and members through PenFed’s website, online banking platform, and mobile app.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with various business units and subject-matter experts (SMEs) on new and existing needs for knowledge resources and other content, providing input, recommendations, and assisting with implementation.
- Responsible for the creation and revision of division policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing flexible standard practices, guidelines, templates, and style guides that enable technical writers and knowledge contributors to publish content with consistent voice and style throughout the knowledge bases.
- Contribute to the overall development and maintenance of assigned chatbot services
- Ensure writers rapidly produce high-quality content ready to be published in internal and external channels.
- Perform regular quality assurance reviews, prioritizing updates, retiring unused resources, and reviewing for applicable standards.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to content owners when updates are required.
- Assist with the training of those responsible for KM updates.
- Communicate significant changes to knowledge base content to all PenFed organizational members.
- Mentor and coach employees while documenting and providing actionable feedback on individual performance.
- Assist with maintaining PenFed’s compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances by abiding by PenFed compliance program and all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a supervisor or editor preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year of content management system experience is preferred.
- Practical experience with Knowledge Management concepts is preferred.
- Experience coding HTML is preferred.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and decision-making skills.
- Technical proficiency in standard business computer operations.
- Experience in a Salesforce environment preferred.
- Knowledge of financial institution structure, products, policies and procedures preferred.
This position will not supervise employees.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.#LI-
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 2 million members and over $26 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico and Okinawa. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 240-224-4256.