Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
This role is accountable for establishing and executing digital communication and engagement strategies, acting as a strategic partner for the company’s Communications BPs and functional representatives, as appropriate. The role will report to the CCO and participate in the Communications Leadership Team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establish and implement an enterprise-level social/digital communications engagement strategy
• Assist in building out social/digital strategies in various functions, such as customer service, human resources, marketing and communications
• Oversees and enhances digital engagement capabilities across the company, including:
o Social media channels, platforms and monitoring tools
o Online reputation platforms
o Digital Workplace (intranet)
o Data analytics
• Evangelizes about the value of social/digital engagement and drives C-Suite to actively engage
• Serves as point of contact for identifying digital communications technology and resources (including digital agencies) for projects requiring outside support
• Uses data and analytics and best practices to inform content creation, target stakeholders and measure the effectiveness of digital engagement, in partnership with other Communications Department COEs as well as cross-functional peers.
• The COE lead will be responsible for creating purpose-built content and will also repurpose content created elsewhere in the Department and the Enterprise
• Identifies latest digital trends and recommends needed enhancements and investments to CCO to ensure Corporate Communications team provides best in class support to the company
• Leads on social/digital governance, working with a cross-functional group, to ensure structures, processes and policies are effective and up to date
• Provides support to crisis, issues and societal management and communications response
• Supervises, mentors and supports digital staff, and sets a positive and productive tone for the team as a whole
• Strong written, verbal and visual communications skills
• Deep knowledge and demonstrated experience using existing social media channels to communicate both externally and internally; deep understanding of community management
• Strategic thinker able to articulate enterprise-level strategies and build governance frameworks
• Collaborative. Able to partner with everyone inside and outside the Department to establish strategies, governance processes, policies, platforms, content and analytics.
• Business transformation and organizational change skills
• Understands use of information management and data analytics tools, including SEO, to create and optimize content and report on impact from the perspective of business performance, brand and reputation
• Experience building and developing teams and making resource decisions
• Able to develop team members and work with business partners and leaders outside of the communication function
• Ability to identify trends and position the company as a digital communication leader
• Comfort interacting with all levels of the organization
• Has ability to serve as a trusted leader and advocate within the company and externally
• Demonstrates maturity and leadership with the ability to serve as a collaborative and unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
• Process mindset
• Understands regulatory requirements
• Creativity and innovation
• Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, business, communications, media
• 8 -10 years’ experience in communication in a complex and matrixed environment, particularly during periods of extensive change.
• Profound understanding of the business/industry and how to use communications best practices, disciplines and technology to achieve business objectives
• Corporate or agency experience preferred
Physical and Mental Requirements:
• Strong business acumen & Industry Knowledge
• Communication skills: written/oral communications; metrics to provide feedback and actionable insights
• Interpersonal skills: collaboration; emotional intelligence
• Management and leadership skills
• Influencing and Persuading
• Excellent MS Office Skills, especially PowerPoint
• Demonstrated use of social media publishing and listening platforms.
• Deep knowledge of Sharepoint platform