The L&D Solutions leader provides processes and tools that guide business leaders and team members to support our Company’s vision, values, and business imperatives. This position is responsible for identifying and building the internal capability of our workforce at all levels to ensure successful execution of our key initiatives using processes and tools in the following primary content areas:
- Analysis of learning needs
- Instructional design and 70/20/10 Model
- Content development
- Content delivery
- Evaluation and continuous improvement
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide learning solution consultation to functional/business learning content owners and for enterprise-wide initiatives (e.g. Inclusion & Diversity, Safely Working Together initiatives, digital system implementations) to develop high quality content and programs, through the following approaches:
- Analysis: Works collaboratively with subject matter experts and stakeholders, conducting needs analysis to identify the knowledge, skills, and competencies required, refining and understanding program emphasis and expected results to drive agreed upon organizational business outcomes.
- Design: Develops, sequences, and structures learning objectives, gathers and organizes relevant content, and builds learning activities/exercises /interactions that are relevant to the business, easily transferable, engaging, and impactful.Uses the 70/20/10 Model for determining the optimum solution considering effectiveness, efficiency and cost.
- Development: Develops creative learning solutions that include, but are not limited to: face to face instructor-led, instructor-led in a virtual classroom, web-based eLearning, blended learning, social networking media, job aids, videos, assessments, and other reinforcement materials, etc.Designs and develops professional and branded print materials including participant/facilitator guides, presentations, job aids, emails, communications, etc. Writes and edits storyboards, interactive scripts, and other learning materials.
- Implementation: Partners with learning content owners, OE colleagues, HRBPs, Communications colleagues, business leaders, and consultants to ensure course knowledge-transfer.Markets and promotes internal and external training programs, aligned with standard Quest/HR Brand/Communications approaches.
- Evaluation: Formally and informally evaluates the effectiveness of learning programs in the business, applies continuous improvement processes for future offerings, and develops follow-up materials as necessary.
- Maintains learning solution guidelines and standards for developing content and publishing web-based learning.
- Serves as program owner for the company’s learning management system (partnering closely with HRIT), as well as provide oversight of administrative rights and responsibilities for the learning community.
- Responsible for learning governance structure and process, including enterprise-wide annual training calendar.
- Engages with L&D Community of Practice to promote and share best practice and effective learning standards.
- Provides support as a subject matter expert to the OE COE, HRBPs, learning solution owners, and other business leaders on the primary L&D content areas through L&D framework and thought partnership.
- Enhances employee learning experience by researching and maintaining content on business-critical topics, aligning employee skills and content availability, and promoting learning in the flow of work approaches.
- Stays current in L&D trends and advancements in order to drive agreed upon organizational business outcomes.
- Identifies key training partners (vendors, consultants, etc.) to assist with curriculum design, if necessary.
- Develops and follows detailed and comprehensive project plans: Establishes goals and accountabilities, action steps, milestones and timelines; effectively and successfully manages multiple projects from start to finish achieving project goals and meeting deadlines; effectively and independently organizes work, prioritizes and manages time autonomously in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Supplier management and the organization’s use of external resources when absence of personnel with internal capability and business demands justify such an investment.This position serves as relationship manager with suppliers by working with Procurement on master service agreements, as well as facilitating appropriate statements of work and purchase orders initiated by functions or businesses.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management as required to support the COE/Function/Busine
This individual contributor will lead in learning and development skillsets using subject matter expertise, influence, and facilitation skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in adult education, instructional design, instructional technology, or related major.
- Bachelor’s Degree in science, technical, or business-related fields with experience in instructional design and technology will be considered.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Instructional design, other training certifications a plus
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience designing and developing adult training with emphasis on leadership & management skills.
- Advanced instructional design and development skills, with a demonstrated mastery of adult learning principles. Proven expertise in high-level leadership/management/soft-skills ILT and eLearning design and development.
Strong orientation towards the ADDIE model, with the ability to execute accordingly.
- Experience designing and implementing effective learning and development solutions for an enterprise with large scale initiatives executed across multiple business and functional units, ideally within a healthcare service environment
- Experience, understanding, and application of processes and products in enterprise-level learning and development programs
- Understands and uses technology enabled solutions to increase speed and effectiveness of learning and development solutions.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Familiarity with instructional design/video editing tools such as Articulate Rise 360 and Vyond
- Demonstrated ability to use business process excellence tools to continually improve programs based on changing environment, business requirements, stakeholder requirements, and feedback mechanisms.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationery position
- Move from one spot to another
- Ability to push, pull, and reach above and below
- Stand and bend in tight spaces
- Drive short and long distances
- Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or distractions
Complete projects while meeting goals within established time deadlines
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or customers for different purposes in different contexts.
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to learn and comprehend information important to the business
- Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written instructions
- Using effective verbal communication
- Using effective written communication
- Concentrate on tasks
- Ability to making decisions
- Examine/observe details
- Ability to influence others and drive toward a common vision or goal
- Strong consultative approach
- Builds relationships, influences without authority, is a team player and collaborates with other leaders to achieve desired results
- Strong facilitation and communication skills, both written and verbal, across all organizational functions and levels
- Excellent active listening skills
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously