As an L&D Manager within Sinclair’s Communications and Change Management practice, the ideal candidate will be primarily responsible for supporting the creation and delivery of bespoke training programs. These programs should be designed with leadership, management, business and personal progression as well as best practice in mind. The intention is to expand on the talents and skills across all employees at all levels within Sinclair Broadcast Group.
The Learning & Development Manager will lead the design, development and execution of all training programs, including but not limited to IT programs and initiatives, program team development, as well as additional L&D projects and initiatives.
The role reports to the Senior Director, Change Management and Communications. This position requires excellent leadership skills and the ability to review and analyze existing programs and develop the strategy to ensure the tools meet the changing needs of our organization.
Confident interpersonal skills including communication, providing actionable in-the-moment feedback, strong facilitation, organizational and planning skills, as well as a customer focus with a desire to learn and be involved in multiple projects.
To be effective in this role, you will need strong business acumen along with confidence to interact with more senior colleagues and key client contacts. Comfort navigating ambiguity and uncertainty, organized thinking and communication skills, and a willingness to engage in both strategic design and tactical implementation are also critical to success in this position.
As the Learning and Development Manager, responsibilities will involve:
- Working with internal thought leaders and vendors as needed to create and deliver world-class programs, solutions and materials for varying audiences. This includes design of blended, entertaining and engaging training programs and related content and materials to include PowerPoint presentations, videos, webcasts, handouts, how-to guides, interactive materials, media.
- Creating training programs that are aligned with the organization’s strategic imperatives and having a strong understanding of what these are.
- Acting as the “go to” within our business for anyone with questions or queries regarding learning and development activities.
- Working closely with leaders across Sinclair and having a full understanding of their functions and learning requirements.
- Embracing different styles of learning techniques, including e-learning, classroom sessions or coaching workshops.
- BA/BS Degree required. Experience in e-learning course design, LMS management, an advance knowledge of media creation is essential. On top of this proven stakeholder management skills are important. APTD or CPLP qualified (or equivalent) are a plus.
The Learning and Development Partner will have the following key skills:
- 3+ years proven experience as an L&D Manager, training manager or similar or 6+ years as a senior learning or training development consultant.
- Experience working within organizations who have undergone large scale transformation programs.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms, practices and software including (but not limited to) Windows, full Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, Articulate 360, Adobe Creative Suite, Internet browsing and search engine utilization.
- A proven high standard of designing, developing and implementing learning and leadership development programs.
- Ability to manage deadlines and multiple projects/programs simultaneously.
- Proven ability to design and monitor contemporary learning methodologies and metrics setting high standards for excellence ensuring consistent, quality learning solutions globally.
- Proven ability to conduct needs analysis and tailor information into appropriate learning.
- Excellent communication and writing skills including the ability to write concise, creative and effective instructional materials.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge in the areas of management training, leadership, performance and talent development, culture and change management
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: 100% company-paid life and disability, 401K match, employee stock plan, education reimbursement, and the ability to design your own comprehensive benefit package to suit you and your family’s every need. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.