Lease Specialist - Collegeville, Pennsylvania - M-F
Maintain, Renew when appropriate, and negotiate in a timely manner all contracts for regional facilities below 10,000 sqft. Assure contract compliance with legal and Corporate Real Estate requirements. Work with a peer in the region(s) to negotiate and establish lease agreements. Must be able to understand and coordinate lease terms, work with the Corporate Real Estate team, regional management and landlord through the negotiation of contracts for new or existing facilities.
The role includes the preparation of Cap-Ex document to justify investments in new leases that usually come with capital expenses to allow for a build out of the location for its Quest use. Most of the facilities below 10,000 sqft in the regions are Patient Service Centers, where our phlebotomists collect samples from patients. They also include Regional Response Labs or Rapid Response Labs (RRLs) and Logistics hubs in addition to a few other types of buildings. Review leases, prep lease amendment. On occasion, participate in due diligence efforts for potential acquisitions that involve real estate elements (PSCs or lab buildings)
• Establish lease terms either starting from existing Quest leases or from proposed landlord contracts. Identify the critical clauses to either insert, remove or modify to protect Quest from undue financial burden or risks.
• Work with Corporate Real Estate and the Quest Diagnostics regions on lease agreements. Regional partners include other lease specialists in the regions as well as Patient Services directors and managers
• In partnership with lease specialists in the regions, negotiate lease agreements with landlords
• Work with lease admin team within Corporate Real Estate to ensure that lease payments and operating expenses are paid to landlords on timely basis.
• Ensure that we are compliant with Stark and other laws in our dealings and agreements with landlords. In particular, make sure that when we enter into lease contacts with referral landlords, we do so in accordance with laws and requirements of local, state and federal authorities. The require Fair Market Value assessments.
• Find new locations for PSCs Approve RDSs for Corporate Real Estate Cap Ex Write Cap Ex's for all lease agreements.
• Education Preferred: Prefer Bachelor’s Degree (Business). Legal training a plus.
• Work Experience: 5+ years of experience in lease management or legal background with experience in real estate preferred.
• Other skills: Detail oriented, focus on internal customers, problem solving
• Computer Skills: Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Must be able to create or update documents in these applications from day one.