Prominent law firm in downtown San Diego is seeking an experienced Litigation Secretary to join its team! Ideally, this candidate has at least 2 solid years of experience within a family law setting. If you are a hard worker and can complete tasks with minimal supervision, then please apply now!
- Significant client contact - in person, by telephone and by e-mail
- Intake of new clients, preparing engagement letters and handling retainers
- Formatting legal briefs, pleadings, correspondence and other legal documents
- Filling of legal documents with state and federal courts
- Preparing pleadings for court filing and service, including Bates stamping of exhibits
- Preparing exhibit binders and hearing/trial binders for attorneys
- Sufficient knowledge of family law pleadings required for dissolution, paternity and restraining orders
- Assist with attorney time entry
- Scanning, Copying, E-filing, and other aspects of a busy secretary desk
- 5+ years of solid family law experience
- Adobe knowledge preferred
- Ability to multitask and prioritize workloads with changing priorities
- Excellent editing, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of family law rules of court and local rules and procedures for filing and lodging documents as well as filing deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.