Customer Service Lending Clerk/AMAZING OPPORTUNITY WITH A GREAT CO.
1) Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
2) Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, and checks, using computers.
3) Interview loan applicants in order to obtain personal and financial data, and to assist in completing applications.
4) Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
5) Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
6) Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
7) Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.
8) Contact credit bureaus, employers, and other sources in order to check applicants' credit and personal references.
9) Check value of customer collateral to be held as loan security.
10) Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
11) Answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions.
12) Schedule and conduct closings of mortgage transactions.
13) Present loan and repayment schedules to customers.
14) Establish credit limits and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
15) File and maintain loan records.
16) Order property insurance or mortgage insurance policies in order to ensure protection against loss on mortgaged property.
17) Accept payment on accounts.
18) Review customer accounts in order to determine whether payments are made on time and that other loan terms are being followed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.