Leidos has an immediate need for a Lidar Imagery Scientist. This position provides direct support to the Intelligence Community in meeting the extensive and time-sensitive analytic requirements that can have a significant impact on national security. These services will directly support our government customer with varying mission timelines and requirements for current and crisis support. Services will aid the customer in providing analytical GEOINT and Imagery Science support to Mission Partners and their customers worldwide.
The qualified candidate will provide imagery science services in support of the production of standard and non-standard GEOINT products. Specifically, the candidate will: exploit and analyze data and convey to best practices and procedures to imagery analysts and managers in support of GEOINT production; provide AGI products and services in LiDAR; specifically, manipulate and exploit Lidar data to create custom Lidar products (to include but not limited to HLZs, Line of Sight (LOS), and route analysis); present adhoc informational briefings and training to analysts and managers regarding the capabilities of their scientific specialty; participate in technology forums and attending technical exchange meetings; conduct user test and evaluation of new capabilities; and investigate new scientific analysis techniques and methods when current tools do not meet requirements.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 or more years’ experience manipulating and exploiting Lidar data and creating tailored products using tools such as ArcGIS and QT Modeler.
- Bachelor’s Degree in remote sensing and/or earth science/physical science or engineering/mathematical discipline and 4- 8 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Intelligence Community, imagery collection, and imagery exploitation.
- Experience collaborating with all national and service intelligence agencies/centers.
- Knowledge of tasking overhead intelligence collection systems.
- Demonstrated familiarity with the GEOINT community and the associated TPED of imagery products.
- Graduate Degree in relevant discipline is desired.
- An active TS SCI clearance is required in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.