Join the “Afternoon Live” team at KATU and create a variety of lifestyle segments for Portland viewers including parenting advice, health & beauty tips, fashion ideas, cooking segments and celebrity interviews! You’ll help maintain the day-to-day production of the KATU lifestyle show and produce relevant, interesting and dynamic segments to maximize ratings and sales interests. You’ll also serve as on-camera talent for in-studio and remote segments as needed. Bring your years of experience and enthusiasm to our team!
Maintain the day-to-day production of the KATU lifestyle show, 'Afternoon Live'. Produce relevant, interesting and dynamic segments to maximize the show ratings and sales interests. Produce and serve as on-camera talent for in-studio and remote segments as needed.
- Ability to research and schedule segments, write scripts and produce shows from the live booth.
- Collaborate with Sales department on pre-recorded and live segments for clients.
- Ability to report from the field for a variety of topics.
- Ability to maintain show web page and social media accounts.
- Ability to fill in for host during absence.
- Ability to identify interesting and informative guests for lifestyle programming.
- 4 Years On-Air Experience on Lifestyle Programming
- Editing Skills Preferred
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Segment Producing Experience Preferred
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!