Position: Line Supervisor - Client Services
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm
Questions and Answers. In Client Services you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Client Service is something we take pride in – making sure that the people we serve feel valued and understood, while providing and gathering accurate information. Client Service is always critical and that’s why our team is both valued and recognized within the business as a key part of our brand. As part of a diverse and supported team, Client Services offers an outstanding career path with an industry leader.
- Member of the Client Services Leadership Team. Oversees staff and functions within the areas of Client Service , ensuring optimum team performance by providing leadership through supervision, directive, support and assistance to achieve the department’s organizational goals of excellent customer service and quality patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises team and daily operations.
- Provide leadership to department by being a functional resource.
- Provides direction and monitors work flow to meet deadlines, assure departmental coverage and attain the minimum Average Speed of Answer.
- Has ongoing responsibility for maximizing department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls.
- Enforces policies, procedures, work assignments, etc.; further sets the example and follows through.
- Provide employees with feedback and assesses work.
- Documents employee performance and addresses any performance or behavior issues.
- Knowledgeable in all area of Client Service and functions proficiently in any department area.
- Regularly performs the duties of Client Service Representatives.
- Demonstrates leadership quality that provides a positive influence to all team members.
- Completes departmental special projects.
- Handles client dissatisfaction through established documentation procedures.
- Basic typing and computer skills
- Some data entry experience preferred
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Able to speak the English language clearly and effectively communicate to the department.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and demonstrate a potential for strong independent problem solving skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of medical terminology required
- Previous medical or clinical laboratory background preferred
- Word, Excel, etc., helpful
- Thorough knowledge of all Client Service policies and procedures
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 plus years customer service experience
- 2 plus years group lead or supervisory experience