This position requires 50% onsite work in Orlando, Florida each week. We are only accepting local candidates currently.
What you will be doing:
- Installs, configures, and maintains Linux operating systems.
- Sets up and configures virtual machines through VMware ESXi version 6.0 or later.
- Assists in maintaining the physical hardware associated with the VMware environment.
- Participates in failure and disaster recovery rehearsals using VMware.
- Performs new software installations, system upgrades, routine maintenance, and updates to comply with security standards.
- Performs analysis of new equipment and software for upcoming projects.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Proficient in tasks such as shell scripting, creating cron jobs, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups, configuring iptables, and setting up mail services.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support concerning systems operation.
- Diagnose system hardware, software and operator problems.
- Provides updates, status and completion information and problem-request tracking system to manager, and/or end users via Jira ticketing system, voicemail, email or in person.
- Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
- Uses open-source tools, monitors systems, conducts hardware troubleshooting, tracks and documents problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Responsible for dealing with hardware and software vendors as well as technical support issues.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of Linux Administration experience
- 3+ years of VMWare Administration experience.
- A broad range of knowledge that includes: Linux Red Hat (RHEL), CentOS, Bash scripting and VMware ESXi 6.0 or later.
- Knowledge of LAMP stack, Python Scripting and MySQL preferred, but not required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.