This work will require attention to detail and maintenance of records in both electronic and paper media. Professional, customer service-oriented communication with our members will be necessary. This position entails placing orders for and citation entry of scientific articles, regulatory tracking of chemicals on government websites, and sending e-mail blasts to subscribers. This employee will maintain and manage database user accounts and responding to subscriber requests.
- High School Diploma required, further coursework in science and/or Business Administration preferred
- Working knowledge of archiving, database functions, and administrative tasks
- Familiarity working with data entry
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Ability to meet deadlines, follow instructions and adapt to change
- Experience with literature searching, article ordering or library science work a plus
- Familiarity with scientific/medical terminology a plus
Full time position includes flexible daily work schedule, with one remote workday per week. Attractive, competitive compensation and benefits, including medical, dental, life, paid vacation and personal days, and 401K.
The Research Institute for Fragrance Materials, Inc. is an international, nonprofit, scientific organization, which evaluates the safety of fragrance materials.