- Draft pleadings, motions and appellate documents and file them with the court
- Maintain pleadings and discovery indexes
- Organize exhibits, documents, evidence, briefs, binders and appendices
- Aid attorneys with interrogatories and other discovery requests
- Gather relevant information from a variety of sources
- Liaise between trial teams and internal/external third parties; depositions
- Provide assistance with case settlements
- Medical record requests and summaries experience
- Proven working experience as a litigation paralegal
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures, practices, etc.
- Highly organized with ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise, Westlaw Case Manager
- Paralegal associate's degree or other relevant certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.