Are you a litigation secretary with state and federal e-filing experience interested in a full-time, permanent job opportunity in San Francisco, CA? You will be responsible for drafting, formatting, and proofreading legal documents and correspondence, including TOCs, TOSs, pleadings, memos, agreements, work reports, indices, client engagement letters, and more; filing and e-filing in state and federal courts; heavy calendaring in Outlook; legal research; interpreting local court rules and following require procedures; overseeing all legal document productions; cite checking; data entry; LEXIS and Bloomberg legal research; file and record maintenance; and other tasks as assigned. You will also be responsible for administrative tasks, including answering and routing phones, receptionist duties, faxing/scanning/copying documents, scheduling appointments, reserving conference rooms, ordering catering for lunches, attorney time entry, client billing, travel expense support, coordinating travel and meetings, transcribing dictation, and monitoring deadlines and schedules. The ideal candidate will be a pleasure to work with, with a no-task-too-small, positive attitude and excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is a highly collaborative office, featuring free breakfast once a week, casual Fridays, and opportunities to be involved in firm marketing, so apply today for this excellent opportunity!
- 1+ year(s) of strong litigation secretary experience
- Strong computer proficiency, especially with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint), Interaction, Adobe Acrobat Professional (or other PDF software), LEXIS and Bloomberg databases, and document management software
- Types at 65wpm or faster
- A thorough understanding of filing and e-filing procedures in state and federal courts and skills for formatting legal documents, including TOCs and TOAs
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills with high attention to detail
- Great communication and interpersonal skills with a helpful, no-job-too-small mindset
If you are a qualified litigation secretary interested in stepping up your career, please apply today! To see additional job opportunities across the country, check out www.specialcounsel.com
Equal opportunity employer. Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled are strongly encouraged to apply! Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.