Downtown Los Angeles firm seeking Litigation Secretary with at least 5 years of experience in litigation defense work and construction defect experience. Candidate must be able to multi-task and prioritize while paying close attention to details and have knowledge of court filings, calendaring rules and be proficient with MS Word. Must be assertive and resourceful with the ability to work autonomously, take initiative and follow-through.
1. A minimum of 5 years insurance defense litigation experience is required.
2. Must have knowledge of litigation documents, e-filing and State and Federal Court rules and filing, calendaring and case management.
3. Ability to proof documents independently with strong attention to detail.
1. Heavy email management, saving, printing to file.
2. Prepare subpoenas and execute service of process.
3. Inputting dates in calendaring program, printing calendars and managing deadlines for attorneys.
4. Proofing, finalizing and sending correspondence, reports, budgets.
5. Finalizing, filing and serving motions, pleadings and discovery.
6. Scheduling of depositions, meetings, courtcalls, court dates, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.