Under limited supervision, the Loan Officer Assistant provides administrative, clerical, sales and marketing support top producing Mortgage Loan Consultants (MLCs) as needed to ensure service and member experience expectations are met and delivered. Provides a wide range of duties related to the day-to-day sales functions of MLC’s. Acts as the main facilitator for communications between the MLC and sourcing agents, members, vendors, and sales support.
- Assists in management of MLC’s pipeline conducting follow up calls on loan files pending processing.
- Assist top producing MLCs to help generate 25% increase in production. Top MLC defined by 1.5M per month; 4.5M per quarter
- Distribute call lists to MLCs, upload documents to Encompass
- Assure all files are complete and moved to processing in timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between MLC and Operations Department when needed.
- Ensures that members and Realtors are kept fully apprised of the status of their loan application through exceptional member interaction.
- Provides a full complement assisting in collecting outstanding conditions, setup on urgent files, creating, maintaining and distribution of various reports and supporting new business development efforts of MLCs.
- Assist VP Mortgage Sales & Product in coordinating monthly sales meetings and mortgage seminars.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail, faxes to appropriate staff.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Represents the Credit Union in a positive and professional manner.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains member and other sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Treats co-workers and members with respect.
- 2 years’ experience providing mortgage sales support
- Experience supporting multiple loan officers
- Experience working in a financial institution
- Solid grammar and spelling
- Business writing style
- Filing systems
- Working knowledge of financial institutions and mortgage products and procedures
- General mortgage guidelines
- Possess good written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to act professional when communicating with other staff, credit union members, and vendors by telephone or by written communication
- Strong customer service skills
- Effectively builds relationships with team members, members and external partners to support business development efforts
- Demonstrated ability to follow written and verbal instructions and work under limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to exercise confidentiality and discretionary judgment
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, able to multi-task with demonstrated ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment, maintaining accuracy and focus despite frequent interruptions.
- Excellent computer skills, including the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to operate standard office machines, including copier, multi-line phone, and PC
- Supportive and positive “can-do” attitude
- NMLS registered
Education: High School or Equivalent
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching
- Paid Time Off
- Training Provided
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Remote Interview Process (some positions vary)
- In-Person Interview required for Front-Line Positions
- Social Distancing and Mask Guidelines in place