Do you have a solid understanding of the Agricultural industry and how it functions? Do you have at least five years’ experience in distribution with a demonstrated track record in management? Do you have experience creating a culture of safety? If you said yes to these questions, consider a career with Wilbur-Ellis!
For nearly a century, Wilbur-Ellis has experienced success and growth in marketing and distributing agricultural products and services. Join us and grow your career with a strong and profitable industry leader offering competitive compensation, tremendous growth and development opportunities, and a people-first work environment. Come grow with us!
General Purpose and Scope of Position:
The Location Operations Manager directly manages the work and interaction of support groups within the location. With a focus on safety, compliance and customer service, the Location Operations Manager oversees all daily functions within a specified location. This would include warehousing, production plants (fertilizer, manufacturing), dispatch, purchasing, administration, DOT operations, location employee development, safety programs, and directing all company initiatives within the location. It is the responsibility of the Operations Manager to ensure each group operates efficiently to achieve their goals and interacts effectively with the other operation groups within the facility.
Key Skills and Abilities Include:
- Establish a culture of safety that features respect for fellow employees, the public, and the environment.
- Have a strong understanding of the Agricultural Industry and how it functions
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate direction and strategy to a diverse team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in the use of multiple technologies as well as the Microsoft Suite
- Minimum of five years’ experience in distribution with demonstrated track record in management
Key Personal Attributes Include:
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail and accuracy orientation
- Good interpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude
- Ability to establish relationships with location personnel, peers and customers
- Understand and maintains confidentiality
Specific Responsibilities and Key Deliverables include:
- Oversee all aspects of facility operations and support
- Promote safety culture while aligning with internal corporate social responsibility criteria
- Provide daily direction to support group managers and employees
- Provide support to other team members as required to attain location goals
- Develop annual operating budget and manage to plan
- Set department goals and objectives that are aligned with division strategic plan
- Update and maintain accurate job descriptions for facility roles
- Recruit and hire new employees as required
- As part of an overall performance management plan, conduct annual performance reviews with direct reports
- Provide coaching and feedback to employees as required throughout the year
- Ensure that all direct reports are properly trained in their necessary duties and suggest training to improve required job skills
- Address poor performance with progressive discipline and use of performance improvement plans
- Promote positive work environment and overall employee morale
- Present a professional image through personal appearance and overall facility cleanliness
- Attend EHSS training sessions and meetings when necessary
- Comply with all Wilbur-Ellis safety and regulatory procedures
- Other duties as required and assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive wage (to be determined based on experience and other factors)
- Comprehensive company benefits
If you are currently a Wilbur-Ellis employee, please notify your Manager prior to applying for this position. Thank you!
Wilbur-Ellis is a company you can be proud to call your employer
Wilbur-Ellis markets and distributes agricultural products, animal feed and specialty chemicals and food ingredients. A privately held and consistently profitable company, we employ more than 4,000 people throughout North America and Asia-Pacific.
Wilbur-Ellis is for and about people
Wilbur-Ellis has enjoyed over ninety-three years of success and growth, all thanks to our people. Our employees are both leaders and team players who thrive on creativity, entrepreneurial spirit and a dedication to quality work, our customers and each other.
Wilbur-Ellis invests in the industry’s best workforce
Wilbur-Ellis invests heavily in our employees by offering skill development and training, competitive compensation and benefits and a tradition of promoting from within for a broad range of career opportunities. And we foster a supportive, people-first work environment.